Builder with historical past of allergic reactions to cheese and jalapeno peppers died after consuming pizza on an evening out together with his workmate, inquest hears
- Robin Wynne Williams, 46, was discovered lifeless in his motorhome in North Wales
A builder with a historical past of allergic reactions to cheese and jalapeno peppers died after consuming a pizza after an evening out with workmates, an inquest has heard.
Building engineer Robin Wynne Williams, 46, was discovered lifeless in his motorhome in Bangor, North Wales, in March after struggling an anaphylactic response.
Mr Williams was out celebrating the completion of repairs to Anglesey’s Menai suspension bridge, the place he was staying 80 miles from his dwelling of Llangollen.
The inquest heard that he had beforehand been instructed to keep away from jalapeños as a consequence of suspected allergy symptoms – however Mr Williams disregarded the recommendation.
Mr Williams referred to as his associate, Karen Maurice, telling her that he was having a response the pizza he had simply eaten, and was experiencing ‘tingly’ lips in addition to nicely as lumps on his legs. He confessed to her that this had additionally occurred up to now.
Ms Maurice instructed him to drink numerous water because it had beforehand eased comparable signs.
The listening to was instructed he suffered an anaphylactic response to cheese and jalapeño chillis on the topping.
He was found lifeless in his motorhome parked in pub automobile park whereas working away from dwelling.
Sarah Riley, assistant coroner for north west Wales, mentioned the development engineer had been on an evening out with workmates within the Menai Bridge space of North Wales in March.
He then made contact together with his associate Ms Maurice at 9.50pm that night at Llangollen, North Wales.
She mentioned: ‘He talked about through the telephone name that he was having a response to a pizza he had eaten, and that it had occurred on quite a few events up to now.’
The inquest heard he didn’t get medical assist and made preparations to be dwelling the next day.
However his associate later turned involved about him – and rang The Antelope Inn in Bangor the place he had been parked in his motorhome.
When employees instructed her it was nonetheless parked up, she travelled to the automobile park and located him within the motorhome’s bathroom cubicle.
Paramedics had been referred to as and he was declared lifeless there at 6.14pm that night.
Mr Williams, of Llangollen, was formally recognized by his associate Ms Maurice.
A publish mortem examination was carried out by advisor pathologist Dr Huyam Abdalsalam at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd hospital in Bodelwyddan.
She dominated Mr Williams suffered an anaphylactic shock brought on by a meals allergy.
Miss Riley gave a story conclusion saying: ‘There was a historical past of a response to cheese and jalapeños or a mix.’
She mentioned Mr Williams had been warned to keep away from the jalapeno peppers even when allergy assessments proved adverse.
She added: ‘On the proof and contemplating the stability of chances it’s extra possible there was an anaphylactic shock on account of an allergy to meals consumed.’