Tacky Tater Tot casserole is a crowd pleaser for breakfast or dinner
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is brimming with sausage, eggs, veggies, and cheese layered on prime of tasty Tater Tots. It’s an ideal one-dish meal for breakfast, brunch, or everytime you’re craving a brilliant yummy dish.
This dish makes use of Tater Tots rather than bread in a basic casserole, making a savory and tacky delight that can please everybody on the desk.
There are a variety of causes that you just’ll love this casserole.
Simple to make: Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is straightforward and simple to arrange. You simply have to layer the substances and bake the casserole, making it a superb choice for each newcomers and skilled cooks.
Make-ahead comfort: Put together the casserole the night time earlier than and refrigerate it, then pop it within the oven within the morning for a stress-free, scorching breakfast.
Nice for leftovers: The casserole is simply as scrumptious when reheated, making it excellent for a fast breakfast or lunch all through the week.
Excellent for particular events: This casserole is a superb selection for holidays, brunches, and household gatherings the place you need to feed a big group.
If you’re on the lookout for a delicious and straightforward breakfast dish that everybody will love, Tater Tot breakfast casserole is the right resolution. It’s loaded with taste and texture and can hold you glad for hours. Strive it at the moment and see for your self how scrumptious it’s!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
16 ounces (about 4 cups) frozen tater tots, cooked in response to the package deal instructions
16 ounces bulk breakfast sausage
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 crimson bell pepper, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
2 medium jalapeño peppers, seeds, and membrane eliminated, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
1 clove garlic, minced
5 giant eggs
¾ cup milk
¼ cup half and half
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded additional sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a shallow 2 ½ quart casserole dish or a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Put aside.
Brown sausage over medium warmth, about 10 minutes. Drain properly on paper towels.
Wipe out the skillet used to brown the sausage with paper towels. Soften butter over medium warmth. Add onions, crimson bell peppers, and jalapeño peppers; sauté till tender, 7 to eight minutes. Add garlic. Prepare dinner for 30 seconds or till aromatic. Switch greens to a bowl to chill.
Whisk collectively eggs, milk, half and half, salt, and pepper in a big measuring cup or bowl. Add cooked greens and 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Add Tater Tots to the ready casserole dish. High with cooked sausage. Pour egg custard combination over the Tater Tots and sausage. Unfold to even out.
Cowl the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Take away from oven and take away aluminum foil. Sprinkle on 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese. Return, uncovered, to 350°F oven for 10 minutes or till cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yield: 8 servings.
- Though I want to cook dinner the Tater Tots earlier than including them to the casserole, you’ll be able to cook dinner the Tater Tots in response to package deal instructions or add them raw to the casserole. Both means, the Tater Tots are inclined to disintegrate considerably, including a scrumptious texture to the casserole.
- I like to make use of Jimmy Dean Sizzling sausage on this casserole however be happy to make use of no matter sausage you want. Additionally, you’ll be able to substitute bacon or diced ham for the sausage.
- Be at liberty to make use of inexperienced bell pepper rather than the crimson bell pepper and/or the jalapeño peppers.
- You may substitute ¼ cup of milk rather than the half and half, making a complete of 1 cup of milk to be added.
- I just like the tang of additional sharp cheddar cheese on this dish however be happy to make use of no matter cheese you favor. Additionally, you should utilize the identical cheese on prime of the casserole as you employ within the casserole.
- I like to attend so as to add the cheese on prime of the casserole. This manner, the cheese on prime is ooey gooey and fewer prone to turn into crusty.
- For those who make this casserole forward of time, cowl it with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Enable it to come back to room temperature earlier than baking it.
Chula King is the blogger behind PudgeFactor.com.