Stuffed Pepper Casserole Recipe (Tremendous Straightforward!)
All of the hearty, flavorful goodness of a stuffed pepper in a single easy-to-make casserole! Stuffed pepper casserole is simple, tacky, and packed to the brim with scrumptious seasoned rice and greens.
I like stuffed peppers. A lot that I’ve fairly just a few completely different recipes on the weblog now! For those who’re in search of some strong stuffed pepper recipes, attempt these turkey stuffed peppers, stuffed poblano peppers, or stuffed pepper soup to modify issues up.
The Finest Stuffed Pepper Casserole
This recipe takes the basic stuffed pepper concept and turns it into an enormous, tasty casserole that’s tremendous straightforward to make while you’ve obtained a hungry household to feed. As an alternative of messing round with particular person peppers, you simply layer every little thing in a dish. It’s like stuffed peppers, however means much less fussy.
Stuffed pepper casserole is tremendous hearty and satisfying because of all of the rice and chopped veggies. (Plus it’s naturally gluten-free!) I used onion and tomatoes in addition to pink, inexperienced, and orange bell peppers for crunch and shade. Then I added minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and Italian seasoning to them for some tasty taste. Mixed with the filling rice and all that ooey-gooey cheese, that is one knockout dinner!
Right here is every little thing you’ll must put collectively this flavorful stuffed pepper casserole! I’ve additionally added in some recommendations on what you possibly can swap in for those who’re lacking one thing from the lineup. This casserole is simple to customise with issues you’ve got readily available. (Try the recipe card beneath for actual measurements for every ingredient.)
- Olive Oil: For cooking the bottom beef and veggies in.
- Lean Floor Beef: The primary protein of the casserole. You’ll be able to swap it with floor turkey for one thing lighter.
- Onion: Diced onions add a pleasant kick. You need to use pink or white onions, and even shallots if you would like.
- Bell Peppers (Crimson, Inexperienced, and Orange): These colourful peppers add a candy taste and good crunch.
- Garlic: Contemporary garlic is greatest, however you may as well use garlic powder in a pinch.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Provides depth to the flavour. For those who don’t have it, a little bit of soy sauce or balsamic vinegar can work too.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add these fundamental seasonings to style!
- Paprika: So the stuffed pepper casserole has some smoky, heat taste.
- Italian Seasoning: A tasty mix of herbs like oregano, basil, and thyme.
- Diced Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce: For wealthy, tomato-y goodness.
- Lengthy Grain White Rice: The primary carb within the dish. You may as well use brown rice or cauliflower rice for a low-carb choice. It’s an effective way to make this stuffed pepper casserole keto-friendly.
- Beef Broth: So as to add moisture and a meaty taste to the dish. Rooster broth or vegetable broth will each work as substitutes.
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese: The proper final touch for some melty goodness. You may as well substitute for another melty, savory sort like cheddar cheese. Mozzarella cheese is one other nice choice.
- Parsley: As a result of recent herbs on prime are at all times a should!
Stuffed Pepper Casserole Recipe
Let’s get into the best way to make this scrumptious stuffed pepper casserole! Belief me, when you attempt it, you’ll need it for dinner on a regular basis. It’s so satisfying and filling, every little thing a hearty dinner must be!
- Preheat Oven, Put together Baking Dish: Preheat the oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Then spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
- Brown Floor Beef: In a big skillet, cook dinner and brown the meat over medium-high warmth.
- Stir-fried Greens: Add the diced peppers and onion then stir and cook dinner for five minutes till the greens soften.
- Add Seasonings: Add within the garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning after which stir to mix.
- Layer: Pour within the diced tomatoes with juice, beef broth, tomato sauce, rice, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Reserve the remaining ½ cup cheese for the highest.
- Bake: Pour the combination into the ready baking dish. High with remaining cheese, cowl with aluminum foil then bake for about 45 minutes. The liquid must be absorbed and the rice cooked by.
- Serve: Garnish with recent parsley and revel in!
As straightforward and scrumptious as this stuffed bell pepper casserole is, listed below are just a few methods to make it even higher:
- Examine the Rice: Control the rice whereas it’s cooking. You need it tender, not crunchy. Add a contact extra beef broth if wanted.
- Extra Greens: Casseroles are good for packing with all your favourite greens. Attempt some mushrooms or zucchini! You can even add sliced jalapenos for some kick.
- Nice for Leftovers: Stuffed pepper casserole reheats splendidly, so don’t fear about making an excessive amount of. It’s an ideal meal prep choice and warms up simply for a fast and simple lunch. (See storage suggestions beneath.)
How Lengthy Does Stuffed Pepper Casserole Final?
Leftovers are the present that retains on giving, and this stuffed pepper casserole isn’t any exception!
- Within the Fridge: Within the fridge, your casserole ought to final about 3-4 days. Retailer in an hermetic container or bag for greatest outcomes.
- Within the Freezer: If you wish to stretch it even additional, pop it within the freezer the place it may well keep good for 2-3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: When it’s time to take pleasure in your leftover casserole, you’ve obtained choices. To reheat within the microwave, cowl with a humid paper towel, and warmth in 1-2 minute intervals, stirring in between till it’s warmed by. For a crispy cheese topping, attempt the oven. Preheat to 350 levels Fahrenheit and canopy with foil to maintain it from drying out, then bake for about 15-20 minutes. Get pleasure from!
Pin this now to search out it later
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Spray the 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
In a big skillet, cook dinner and brown the meat over medium-high warmth.
Add the diced peppers and onion then stir and cook dinner for five minutes till the greens soften.
Add within the garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning then stir to mix.
Pour within the diced tomatoes with juice, beef broth, tomato sauce, rice, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Reserve the remaining ½ cup cheese for the highest.
Pour the combination into the ready baking dish. High with remaining cheese, cowl with aluminum foil then bake for about 45 minutes. The liquid must be absorbed and the rice cooked by.
Garnish with recent parsley and revel in!
Serving: 1cupEnergy: 352kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 28gFats: 15gSaturated Fats: 7gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0.3gLdl cholesterol: 76mgSodium: 762mgPotassium: 688mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1486IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 224mgIron: 4mg
Diet data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.